These bbq chicken tacos are SO easy that I’m embarrassed to call this a recipe. These tacos are perfect for a super simple weeknight meal. For the work involved, they are quite delicious. There isn’t really any cooking involved, just some assembling. I think you can get on board with assembling, right?
Plus, it is quite possible you have all of the ingredients in your pantry already, outside of a rotisserie chicken. Of course, you can cook your own chicken too, but in the interest of summer, where I like to feel footloose and fancy free, the rotiss works just fine.
The other ingredients are pantry staples, at least in my house. You need your favorite barbecue sauce, a can of beans, cheese, corn (fresh or frozen), and tortillas. I try to keep a can of beans in my pantry at all times, and my husband is a huge barbecue fan, so we usually have a bottle of da’ sauce too. My freezer is stocked with all sorts of treasures, typically including frozen corn and corn tortillas. You know how you never use all of the tortillas in a package?? Well, just freeze the rest of them. Flour or corn–both freeze wonderfully! Then pull those babies out on a rainy day. Insta-taco night. Okay, here goes, a quick recipe synopsis. Basically you need to shred some chicken and toss it with your favorite barbecue sauce. Lay the corn tortillas on a baking sheet (no need to thaw them), top them with chicken, then layer on the corn-bean mixture, followed by some cheese. Bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees. Wah-lah. Done and done.
- ~2 cups of shredded chicken (I used a rotisserie chicken)
- ~1/3 c. barbecue sauce
- ~3/4 c. corn (fresh or frozen)
- 1 15-ounce can of black beans (or mixed beans), drained and rinsed
- cheese, for topping
- optional toppings: avocado, cilantro, sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease a cookie sheet (or line it with foil or parchment paper).
- Lay down your tortillas.
- Top with the barbecue chicken mixture.
- Next, combine the beans and corn and place on top of the chicken.
- Top with cheese.
- Bake for 10-15minutes, or until warmed through and the cheese has melted.
It really doesn’t get much easier than this. This is the perfect meal to make after you just spent all (long) weekend grilling and cooking and enjoying lazy summer nights. Pantry to table in 15 minutes or less.
What are your super speedy weeknight faves?