If anyone is still reading out there in the blogosphere, why hello! I’m back. It’s obvious I have taken a significant hiatus over the past year, for no other reason then, well, LIFE. So, let’s see where we left off…I had my second baby last August, a sassy and determined little girl, who is now 13 months. As with most babies, particularly those I breed, she still doesn’t sleep. So over at my house, we (read: me, myself and I) are still struggling through sleep deprivation. Couple that with my husband’s busy work schedule and extra time has simply eluded me, especially time to be productive!
But, it’s time to get reacquainted and discuss important things in life, like these super seed snack bars. Instead of your typical nut and oat granola bar, which I also love, these are chock full of nutritious seeds. Think chia seeds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds…a perfect back to school snack or treat for the kiddos or professional snackers in your life.
These are a super simple NO BAKE super seed snack bar recipe, lightly adapted from Ashley’s super seed bar recipe over at Fit Mitten Kitchen. I’ve been following her on Instagram lately, and let me tell you, all of her creations look delicious. I have a soft spot for a fellow Michigander as well (don’t mess with the mitten ;)).
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup hemp hearts
- ⅓ cup pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- ⅓ cup coconut
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ⅓ cup raisins
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ¼ cup natural peanut butter
- 3-4 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line a 9 x 5 loaf pan with parchment, or alternately grease with some extra coconut oil.
- Combine the dry ingredients (sunflower seeds through cinnamon) in a large bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients (peanut butter through vanilla extract) and mix well to combine.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared loaf pan and spread out smoothly with a spatula.
- Freeze for 20 minutes before slicing into 5 bars or 10 squares.
- These store best in the freezer and can be eaten directly from the freezer.
Also, these are super kid-approved. I couldn’t even get my 3 1/2 year old to share with my husband. And per usual, I keep sneaking bites from the freezer :)